Sunday, July 08, 2012

On Abstract Art and Abstract Impressionism

In my idea painting doesn't require much skill or preparation (after doing pieces of fine art in my whole life!!! haha) does not necessarily require skill or talent but a form of expression wether truly abstract (nihilistic or whatever) or mixed with an impression of inner or outer reality. As contrasted with Realism (Naturalism), Romanticism, Surrealism, Impressionism and similar styles which require the artist/painter to learn basic painting skills to reflect outer/inner (by inner this time I mean dreams and fantasies that contain some sort of relation with the natural world) reality in it's pure form (Naturalism) or with a hint of subjective experience (Impressionism, Romanticism) or the other way around.






Personally I think learning some basics would help an abstract impressionist (Just for a while, I consider Surrealism or Romanticism as options for future after learning the basics) like myself to bring the subjective view of the outer reality or even a dream/nightmare out easier than just splashing/brushing colors directly as inner landscapes.








But, that's, just like, my opinion MAN.



No comments:

Post a Comment