Thursday, June 28, 2012

On pain, pleasure, desire and bliss

I have experienced something in my life. I called it bliss for the sake of human communication. 

The fact is I liked it more than anything I have experienced.



The realization that I have had lately is that pleasure is not the equivalent of bliss or bliss is not just a form of super pleasure.

My body is not really attuned to seek pleasure at all times. is it? I don't think so.

Maybe if we incorporate all the deep psychological elements, then pleasure can be a much more complex phenomena than what we perceived previously. Take masochism for example, what is the line that divides pain and pleasure? Is it direct experience? Are we wired to know the difference?



Is pleasure the equivalent of stimulation? if psychological hedonism is correct and pleasure is the true equivalent of stimulation, why don't people put themselves in stimulating situations all the time? maybe they do but our bodies have other incorporating mechanisms like fear, habit and so on. so it appears to be that they act on routine but they're actually just acting on these incorporating psychological archetypes which are synonyms for brain functions.



How can psychological hedonism be right then? In this view we are robots with many mechanisms working together sustaining life; and pleasure is just one part of this mechanism, not supposedly the main incorporating element.

The truth is my brain craves non-craving, the brain craves direct interaction without having the sense of lack and desire. yet it is stopping itself to achieve it for evolutionary reasons. (I think)

I usually have a scale to determine my mood which starts by severe panic and ends in bliss. 

What is bliss? I can't explain it. I experienced something that was very familiar to what has been explained as non-being but it was more of absolute being (oneness). a state of non-desire and constant interaction with the environment. I'm not sure because I can't remember all the details but I think, I stopped thinking in that period. everything was either physical or emotional but there was no craving.



In that certain period REASON was meaningless to me. Maybe in the ordinary state of consciousness we are aware of the processing of reason using the language centers but in that period I lost that function.

For some reason I think reason is a product of desire, to inspect information again and again trying to find a way to dissolve desire and the sense of lack.



Do we truly seek death but not in the physical form? do the people that commit suicide want to achieve this state of non-craving and simultaneous existence but rather do it physically?

What is stopping oneself from suicide? I guess it's fear and hope. unless one comes to a state where the craving overcomes the fear and hope and … and blow one's top as suggested by the eureka online encyclopedia.



Is the act of "thinking" actually being aware of the process of reasoning and if so is it a source of desire or is it the other way around?

So now that I settled with what I want and it's explanation. the question is what is the key?

Probably coma, death and certain drug overdoses stop craving but that's just peace, not bliss. 

Eastern traditions preach meditation which is the equivalent of pretending to have no desire, but I feel like it's just pretense. yet the evidence shows that it really does affect the brain function and lowers one's sense of lack and desire.



Do you know any other ways than the permanent death and coma or the temporary use of drugs and meditations? if so please post it in the comments. 


2 comments:

  1. This is not a recipe for bliss, but staying chill and making other people feel good usually makes me feel good too. Also, occupying oneself by games and sports, communicating with other people, watching comedy and enjoying an evening snack. Fixing my sleeping habits also helped because I woke up and slept at the same time as everyone else and I kind of felt their energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What works?... Creative expression without preconceived notion. I am not talking about clever creations of the mind but of pure Soul... TRUTH This is an absolute way to experience bliss. You know this!

    A brilliant mind is not your friend and cannot help you to find this bliss. Mind unchecked masquerades as an evil master that will bring you only pain. Get out of your mind and into truth... Express from your true self. Use the mind for the purpose it is intended for! MIND IS THE MACHINE, THE SLAVE IF YOU WILL. You are not the machine! YOU ARE THE MASTER! REMEMBER!

    ReplyDelete