Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On Free Will Debate (Part 1) How Charlse Manson can be innocent and Michio Kaku wrong!

First of all read with caution because this article may change your whole view over life and second of all I can be dead wrong affected by my psychosis and my many disorders of the mind and brain or just simply wrong.








For some reason I think the fathers of most religions were aware of the fact of hard determinism and they put it in symbolic form of an omniscient god who knows everything that is going to happen in time but still preaches doing good (is either very stupid or could not predict the evolution of mind in homo sapiens) and Their hidden philosophy was that if people were aware of free will being an illusion of the mind (maya) they may become corrupt and create anarchy and dysphoria or some rullers and kings may lose their power over people so they hidden it in symbolic forms and called it mysticism and someone who overcomes maya (knows that free will doesn't exist) attains enlightenment which is symbolic for becoming one pointed (free will means there can be more than one of you because in popular belief your choices define you), other than the fact that mathematical logic strongly approves hard determinism, I think those forefathers were wrong about the truth being too harsh for people to take. they underestimated the value of truth and how it can relieve less smart people of negative feelings like the anxiety of choice, guilt and judgement or at least for people in the second millennia!!






If you're reading this you might have one of these reactions :


1 - How can free will not exist? this guy thinks he knows everything, everybody knows that free will exists, what happens to responsibility? what happens to morality?


To answer your question morality is very little influenced by the idea of free will. it is more of a natural brain function which in some people for evolutionary (environmental) and genetic reasons does not function properly.






Free will allows you to look at the mass murderer on tv and say what has the world come to? and feel better about your self but at the end of the day you think about all the wrong choices that you made so overall it gives you more dysphoria and creates more destruction than being productive even when ignoring logic.





Does this guy look like he chose to be what he was/is (if you define people by their actions/choices)?


2 - Quantum mechanics proves that there is randomness in universe, so there is some level of free will even though we don't choose our genes or family or environment that we are born and grow in. (compatibilism)



I'm really scared this guy reads this post by the way! lol




To answer you, I must admit that my knowledge of quantum mechanics is generated from hours of fucking around on wikipedia and can not really argue with or admit it. but personally I think some things happen in the world that do not make sense like the quantum randomness but I don't think that explains the brain process of making choices. but I'm human and I can be wrong so don't take my words for granted... think for your self. think about all the choices you made in your life and follow them to where they origin. could you make any other choice in any given situation in your past?


At the end we usually choose our beliefs based on how they make us feel. determinism makes me feel good and one with the universe or at least part of it's growth. it makes me feel relaxed and helps me go through my problems easier... the rationalizations are more of a conscious attempt to justify my belief system.


or as the dude states :






I'm human... I can be wrong but what's the harm in thinking for your self? 



No comments:

Post a Comment